PRETTY PHOTOSHOP ACTIONS BI-ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP
Pretty Photoshop Actions recognizes the importance of higher education and the role it plays in our personal and professional fulfillment. That’s why we are so excited to continue our Pretty Photoshop Actions $500 bi-annual scholarship (awarded twice per year). This ongoing scholarship provides college and university students an opportunity to earn money to further their education and achieve their goals!
Winner Payout and Announcement
- The deadline for scholarship entries is bi-annually on April 15 and October 15. The winning entry will be published on Pretty Actions Blog
- The winner will be notified by e-mail three weeks after the deadline.
- Scholarship entries will be carefully reviewed by a team of judges at PhotoshopActions.com.
- The scholarship will be paid out in the amount of $500 (U.S.) to each bi-annual winner, in the form of a co-payable check that will be mailed to the college or university attended by the winning student.
Scholarship Entry Requirements
Carefully research and compose an essay style Adobe Photoshop tutorial of 800 to 1,000 words, with screenshots and photos included to illustrate your points on one of the following topics. Use proper grammar and punctuation.
Choose a topic below for your tutorial essay:
- How Photoshop has changed photography
- How to re-touch skin in Photoshop for photographers
- Favorite tips for enhancing color in Photoshop
- Photoshop overlay ideas for adding WOW to your portraits
- A How To Photoshop Tutorial
The requirements for eligible student entries are:
- You should presently be a senior in high school;
- Or be transitioning from high school to a college or university;
- Or be already enrolled in a college or university inside the United States or Canada.
- Employees and their immediate family members of PhotoshopActions.com are not eligible to participate.
How We Would Like to Receive Your Entry
- Email your essay in Microsoft Word document or plain text format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please specify your name, contact telephone number, email address and mailing address. Your contact information will be held in confidence and will not be shared.
- Include the name of the college or university and their mailing address of the financial aid office that you are presently attending or that you’ll be attending after high school.
- Please attach a headshot photo of yourself in .JPG or .PNG format that is at least 300 pixels wide.
- If we don’t receive all requested information by the deadline, your submission may be disqualified.
Congratulations to Our Previous Scholarship Winners!
- April 15th, 2017 - Kristen Berezniak "How to Change the Storyline of Your Photo with Photoshop"
- October 15th, 2017 - Bao Luong "Photoshop Editing Tips: Contrast, Complementary Colors, and Gradients"
- April 15th, 2018 - Lauren Alexander "Frequency Separation: Photoshop Retouching for Beautiful Skin"
- October 15th, 2018 - Mary Ditta "5 Awesome Photoshop Tips to Fix Photos"
About Pretty Photoshop Actions
Pretty Photoshop Actions is proud to serve the growing community of novice and professional photographers who are looking to create beautiful, unique images in their own signature style using Adobe Photoshop. Our industry leading Photoshop Actions and Overlays will reduce your editing time, allowing you to quickly and easily add beautiful enchancements to your photos.
For those just getting started with Photoshop editing we offer great Free Photoshop Training. If you prefer to edit in Adobe Lightroom, our sister company Pretty Presets for Lightroom, offers a wide array of Lightroom products.
Additional Scholarship Available from Our Sister Site
Our sister company, Pretty Presets for Lightroom, offers its own totally separate and unique bi-annual scholarship program. You can find more information and apply for the Pretty Presets for Lightroom Scholarship Program here.